The following government agencies and public amenities will have a different schedule for Labor Day, which is Monday:
• County offices — closed
• Libraries — closed
• County liquor stores — open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Recreation — outdoor aquatic facilities will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Olney Indoor Swim Center will be open normal hours. All other indoor aquatic facilities will be closed. Administrative offices, senior centers and community centers are closed.
• Montgomery Parks — for operating schedules, including Brookside Gardens, ice rinks, tennis centers, trains and carousels, visit www.MontgomeryParks.org.
• Ride On, Metrobus, Metrorail — Sunday schedule
• TRiPS Commuter Stores (Silver Spring and Friendship Heights) — closed
• Refuse/recycling pickup – no collection (will be provided one day later for rest of week; last day is Saturday)
• Transfer station — closed
• Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters — free
• Montgomery County Public Schools administrative offices — closed
• State offices and courts — closed
Rockville City Hall and many other city facilities will be closed on Labor Day. Payment at city-owned parking meters will be suspended for the day.
Collection of recycling, trash and yard waste will be canceled Monday, and collection will occur one day later than usual for the rest of the week with Friday collections to be made on Saturday. Call 240-314-8568 or go to rockvillemd.gov/recycling-refuse for more information.
These Rockville facilities will be closed on Monday: The F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre and box office; Croydon Creek Nature Center; Rockville Civic Center Park offices, including Glenview Mansion and the Glenview Mansion Art Gallery; the Lincoln Park, Twinbrook and Thomas Farm community centers; and the Rockville Senior Center.
The Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will be open Monday. Indoor pools will be open from noon until 8 p.m., while the rest of the facility will be open from noon to 9 p.m. Go torockvillemd.gov/swimcenter for schedules of individual pools.
For more information on closings in Rockville, go to rockvillemd.gov or call 240-314-5000.
Takoma Park’s city facilities will be closed on Labor Day.
There will be no yard waste pickup on Monday. For more information, call 301-891-7100.
Offices for the town of Chevy Chase, Kensington and Chevy Chase Village are all closed Monday.
The town of Chevy Chase and Kensington do not typically collect trash on Mondays, but in Chevy Chase Village, trash collection shifts one day later for the rest of the week to accommodate the holiday. Houses scheduled for Monday trash collection will have their trash picked up Tuesday and so forth for the rest of the week.
Gaithersburg City Hall and most other city facilities will be closed Labor Day.
The Gaithersburg Police Department will maintain normal business hours. Three facilities will operate on a modified schedule Monday: the Water Park will be open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; the Miniature Golf Course will be open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; the Skate Park will be open from noon to sunset.
Recycling collection for residents whose regular pick-up day is Monday will take place on the preceding Saturday, Aug. 30. Bulk pick-up for residents whose regular day is Monday will take place on Sept. 8.