The school board credit card and Rock Terrace sagas continue. Read up on these updates and more below:
1. A Montgomery County school board committee is recommending that board members stop using credit cards altogether.
2. A federal Labor Department investigation did not find labor law violations in Rock Terrace School’s work-study program.
3. The county school system and a local campus with the Ana G. Mendez University System plan to work together in a county school next academic year.
4. Silver Spring students learned about college and career planning and possibilities at the Go2College summer camp.
5. Kathryn D. Bradley, the new principal at Bannockburn Elementary School in Bethesda, says she wants to prepare students to “take on the world.”
6. The Washington Post reported that many Montgomery parents are having trouble using new report cards to figure out how their children are performing.