The Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce honored five “Shining Stars” at its annual awards and installation dinner:
• Signs By Tomorrow Silver Spring (10 or fewer employees)
• Eggspectation (11 to 50 employees)
• The Sheraton Silver Spring (more than 50 employees)
• Shepherd’s Table (nonprofit)
• Quality Time Early Learning Center (Innovation in Education).
The dinner was held June 25 at the Sheraton Silver Spring.
The chamber also installed its 2014-15 board of directors:
• Dan Figueroa of Downtown Silver Spring, chairman
• J. Manuel Ocasio of Holy Cross Hospital, immediate past chairman
• Brian Abramson of The Tower Companies
• Ray Barry of AFI Silver Theatre & Cultural Center
• Marc Bloom of Washington Adventist Hospital
• Carmen Camacho of Bud Miller Associates
• Catherine Carroll of Discovery Communications
• Mona Feldman of Social & Scientific Systems
• Avi Halpert of United Therapeutics Corporation
• William Kominers of Lerch, Early & Brewer Chtd.
• Adam Lowe of Adam S. Lowe Photography
• Chad Mangum of Bell Flowers
• Samantha Mazo of Linowes and Blocher LLP
• Paul Nazelrod of Washington Property Company
• Doug Parker of M&T Bank
• Anil Periera of EagleBank
• Robert Scott of My Office Products
• Julie Statland of Statland & Katz
• Stephanie Steele of The Fillmore Silver Spring
• Brad Stewart of Montgomery College.