This story was updated at 12:20 p.m. May 12, 2014.
An electrical fire Sunday night in a Chevy Chase home injured one firefighter and caused $400,000 worth of damage.
Beth Anne Nesselt, a spokeswoman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service, said the firefighter was treated for minor injuries at a hospital and released.
Pete Piringer, another spokesman for the service, posted online that the fire started in the basement of a two-story house on Brooklawn Terrace and spread to the first floor. The residents were not home when the fire started, he said.
Firefighters were dispatched shortly after 10:30 p.m. Sunday and had most of the fire out by 10:52 p.m., Nesselt said.
Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.