Getting back in the swing of things after spring break? We’re here to help you catch up on Montgomery school news:
1. The Maryland Disability Law Center said it would like to participate in a workgroup reviewing the county school system’s work-study programs for students.
2. A Richard Montgomery High School student was charged with having sex in a school hallway.
3. The Washington Post reported that a group looking at how county elementary schools might use extra time if they had longer school days is expected to release a report in June.
4. Sherwood High School resolved its prom ticket issue.
5. County school advocate Jill Ortman-Fouse is running for a school board position with plans to increase communication and partnerships.
6. Former teacher and auditor Edward Amatetti says he will bring his teaching and finance experience to the school board table.
7. A group of Broad Acres Elementary School students spent part of their spring break honing their chess skills.
8. Teachers from two Rockville schools and a Gaithersburg school won Golden Apple Awards from the Archdiocese of Washington.
Recent blog posts
- Education roundup: Fruits and veggies, girls in engineering, and plenty of sports-- Aug 13
- Education news roundup: A pilot for nonverbal students; survey results on risk behavior-- Aug 6
- Education news roundup: Turf fields, suspensions and nixed credit cards-- Jul 31
- Education news roundup: A possible farewell to credit cards; federal probe of Rock Terrace-- Jul 24