Accidental fire burns house in Bethesda -- Gazette.Net


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


RECENTLY POSTED JOBS



FEATURED JOBS


Loading...


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Leave a Comment
Print this Article
advertisement

This story was updated at 4:15 p.m., Feb. 17, 2014.

A fire broke out Sunday in a house on the 8400 block of Irvington Avenue in Bethesda near Bradley Boulevard, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Dee Howard Richards.

Investigators determined that the fire was an accident and started in the attic by an unknown “electrical failure or malfunction,” Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Beth Anne Nesselt said. Firefighters responded to several calls about a fire at the home at 7:40 p.m. No one was in the house at the time and officials believe no one has been living there.

About 50 firefighters reported to the scene, where they could see flames and smoke coming from the top floor, according to Howard Richards. They extinguished the fire in about 15 minutes. Investigators estimated damages at $300,000. No one was injured.



sscully@gazette.net