The public is invited to honor the life of Sam Moore, a former Rocky Hill Middle School student, by participating in the second Rocky Hill Community Blood and Toy Drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the school, 22401 Brick Haven Way, Clarksburg.
Sam was a student at Rocky Hill when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He died in 2012 at age 15.
To reserve a spot, call Cheryl Kemp at 301-502-2876 or visit www.donatebloodmedstar.org, select the donate blood tab and enter sponsor code 55119. For help with online scheduling call 301-931-4416.
Toy donations will be delivered to Children’s National Medical Center.
Donors should meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 17, or 16 with parental consent; website has permission form.
• Be in general good health.
• Have no high-risk factors for HIV or hepatitis.
• Be cold- or flu-symptom free for a week.
• Have photo identification.