Pennyworth Shop receives Best of Fenton Village award -- Gazette.Net


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


RECENTLY POSTED JOBS



FEATURED JOBS


Loading...


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Leave a Comment
Print this Article
advertisement

Pennyworth Shop, a community thrift store in Silver Spring, has been serving the community for 60 years. The parishioners of Grace Episcopal Church of Silver Spring first opened a shop Feb. 14, 1953, in the Fenton Village area of downtown Silver Spring on Thayer Avenue. They moved the shop to its current location on Bonifant Street in November 2012.

About 90 percent of profits from the shop go to the ministries of Grace Church, and the remaining money goes to local and national nonprofit organizations.