A fire has displaced two adults who were renting a house in Lanham.
No one was injured in the blaze, believed to have started with electrical components or wiring for a ceiling light in the kitchen of the two-story, split level home in the 6200-block of 87th Avenue.
The fire, which began before 5 p.m. Friday, went through the attic and the roof, Prince George's Fire and Emergency Mangement Services spokesman Mark E. Brady said.
The residents chose to make made their own temporary living arrangements, Brady said.
Firefighters from the West Lanham Hills Station and surrounding stations responded and spent about 20 minutes putting out the fire, Brady said.
About $25,000 in damage was caused by fire alone, but heavy smoke also rose from the burning building.
The cause of the fire is listed as accidental.