Rooftop blaze at Marlo building in Rockville leaves one firefighter injured -- Gazette.Net


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


RECENTLY POSTED JOBS



FEATURED JOBS


Loading...


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Leave a Comment
Print this Article
advertisement

This story was updated at 7:30 p.m. on July 25.

One firefighter was reported injured in the wake of a fire that began on the second floor and roof of the Marlo Furniture building in Rockville on July 25.

Approximately 85 firefighters responded to the scene ofss the blaze at 725 Rockville Pike shortly after the call was made at 6:10 p.m. Wednesday. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and fire emanating from the rear of the second floor of the building into the roof structure, said Assistant Chief Scott Graham, a Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman.

“We have one firefighter injured, but we’re not sure as to the extent [of the injury] right now,” Graham said.

The fire was extinguished shortly after 7 p.m.

“The building was evacuated and we had no civilian injuries,” Graham said.

jarias@gazette.net