Wrestler of the Year
Andy Lowy, Sherwood, Sr., 130 pounds (40-0); Became countyís ninth three-time state champ with 8-2 win over Old Millís Timmy Lobuglio. Won 74 straight matches in past two years.
Coach of the Year
Dave Hopkins, Damascus, 21st year; Guided Hornets to second straight 4A-3A West Region dual-meet title and appearance in state final. Team took third in state tournament.
* Chance Sellman, Damascus, Fr., 103 pounds, (29-4); Won both county and regional tournament titles, and pin in the latter led Hornets to team title.
* Danny Lethbridge, Paint Branch, Jr., 112 pounds, (39-1); Dominated weight class for second straight year, winning both county and regional titles. Finished third at states.
* Will Sharbaugh, Whitman, Sr., 119 pounds, (18-3); Overcame several early-season injuries to win county and region titles.
* Sean McCarty, Northwest, Jr., 125 pounds, (35-1); Overtime loss in state title match was only blemish on remarkable season that included county and regional championships.
* Rhett Beattie, Sherwood, Sr., 135 pounds, (37-4); Showed steely reserve in come-from-behind regional championship victory; won county title and was runner-up in state.
* Steven Miller Paint Branch, Jr., 140 pounds, (36-3); Recorded pins to win county and regional titles.
* Steven Gamble; Sherwood, Soph., 145 pounds, (31-2); Youngest and biggest of terrific Warriors trio that all won championships at both county and regional tournaments; second in state.
* Mike Esposito, Georgetown Prep Sr, 152 pounds, (31-3); Definition of intensity. Won IAC and St. Albans titles, while also placing fourth at states.
* Mike Mascio, Quince Orchard, Sr., 160 pounds, (34-4); Dominated weight class after Whitman star Eren Civan was injured. One of only two county wrestlers to win state title.
* Dave Foreman, Wheaton, Sr., 171, pounds, (35-2); Turned in terrific season which included first-place finishes at county and region tournaments. Took third in state tournament.
* Wilfred Beah, Paint Branch, Sr., 189 pounds, (37-3); Like teammate Lethbridge, won county and region titles while finishing third at states.
* Andy Rampp, Wootton, Sr., 215 pounds, (35-3); Anchor of best team in Patriots history, finishing first at regional, second at county, and third at state tournament.
* Tyler Murray, Magruder, Sr., 275 pounds, (39-2); Biggest and best of talented Colonels, finishing first at county and regional championships. Took fifth at states.
* Michael Henning, Northwest, Fr., 103 pounds
* Pat Landon, B-CC, Sr., 112 pounds
* Tanner Wrublik, Clarksburg, Fr., 112 pounds
* Jason Edwards, Northwest, Sr., 119 pounds
* Matt Danielson, Bullis, Jr., 125 pounds
* Dan Hawvermale, Good Counsel, Sr., 130 pounds
* Keith Obendorfer, Damascus, Sr., 135 pounds
* Carlo Galeano, Springbrook, Jr., 145 pounds
* Brian Wittenberger, Damascus, Jr., 152 pounds
* Zach Kline, Rockville, Sr., 160 pounds
* Jordan Dow, Springbrook, Sr., 160 pounds
* Nadjitade Badje, Springbrook, Soph., 171 pounds
* Dake Williams, Quince Orchard, Soph., 215 pounds
*J eff Hernandez, Kennedy, Jr., 275 pounds